Haft-Sin, also known as Haft-Seen, is a beautiful and meaningful Persian New Year tradition. It's a symbolic display of seven items, each starting with the Persian letter "sin," which represents the seven creations and the seven holy immortals in Zoroastrianism. At Tooka Florist, we understand the significance of Haft-Sin, and we're here to help you create a stunning and authentic display for your New Year celebrations.
The Seven Items of Haft-Sin
Haft-Sin translates to "Seven S's," and each of the seven items represents a symbol of renewal, life, and prosperity. These items include:
- Sabzeh (Sprouts): A dish of sprouted wheat or lentils representing rebirth and renewal.
- Samanu (Sweet Pudding): A sweet pudding made from wheat germ symbolizing affluence and fertility.
- Senjed (Dried Fruit of Jujube Tree): A dried fruit representing love and affection.
- Sir (Garlic): Garlic symbolizes medicine and health.
- Sib (Apples): Apples represent beauty and health.
- Somāq (Sumac): Sumac symbolizes the color of sunrise and the victory of good over evil.
- Serkeh (Vinegar): Vinegar represents age and patience.
The Importance of Haft-Sin
Haft-Sin is an important part of Persian New Year celebrations, also known as Nowruz. The tradition dates back thousands of years and represents the cultural and religious heritage of Iran. Haft-Sin signifies a new beginning, a time to leave behind the past and embrace the future with hope and optimism. It's a time for family gatherings, exchanging gifts, and feasting on traditional dishes.
Creating a Haft-Sin Table
Creating a Haft-Sin table is a beautiful and creative process that involves selecting and arranging the seven items with care and attention. At Tooka Florist, we offer a range of floral arrangements and decorative items that can help you create a stunning and authentic Haft-Sin display. Here are some tips to help you create your own Haft-Sin table:
- Choose a prominent location for your Haft-Sin display, such as a table or a shelf.
- Arrange the seven items in a specific order, starting with the sabzeh.
- Add decorative items such as candles, flowers, and other traditional items to enhance the display.
- Include a mirror to symbolize reflection and self-awareness.
- Add coins or money to symbolize wealth and prosperity.
- Invite family and friends to celebrate and share traditional dishes such as sabzi polo mahi and kookoo sabzi.
At Tooka Florist, we're committed to helping our customers celebrate their cultural traditions with authenticity and style. Our experienced florists can help you create a stunning and meaningful Haft-Sin table for your Persian New Year celebrations. Contact us today to learn more about our floral services and products.